Question about judging order setting

Jaap Eldering jaap at jaapeldering.nl
Sun Oct 13 22:58:52 CEST 2019

On 12/10/2019 17:38, Nguyễn Văn Quân wrote:
> Hi
> I'm use DomJudge 5.3.2. I run my contest but maybe my server is slow or many submissions at the same time, so it take many queued. But when judging, it run random submission. Some submission submit wait a long time.

The submission that gets picked up first for judging is actually not random, but determined by which team last submitted the longest ago. This is on purpose to prevent DoS attacks by a team submitting many submissions.

> Can you tell me how to setting judging by submit time? Thanks.

In the 5.3 branch this is handled by this code: https://github.com/DOMjudge/domjudge/blob/5.3/www/api/index.php#L353-L365

In current master it is found here: https://github.com/DOMjudge/domjudge/blob/master/webapp/src/Controller/API/JudgehostController.php#L301-L316

Best,
Jaap