Setting judgehost password programatically, via MariaDB cli client

Michał Kaczanowicz m.kaczanowicz at vp.pl
Tue Feb 19 19:55:42 CET 2019

Hello everybody!

My current task is to deploy domjudge - or more precisely, to create a
"one click deploy" configuration. I aim to use docker images of
domserver and domjudge. I'd like to accomplish my task using docker and
docker compose. But here comes a slight problem. After setting up
domserver, I need to set new password for judgehost user. Setup manual
suggest to do it "by hand", via web interface on admin account. Is there
a way to do that programatically, e.g. simply updating password for
judgehost user in domjudge.user table? How is the hash computed?

Best regards,
Michał Kaczanowicz