Time Factor Not Getting Accounted when calculating maxruntime

Thijs Kinkhorst thijs at kinkhorst.com
Thu Aug 30 11:29:05 CEST 2018

Hi Abishek,

On Sat, August 25, 2018 07:25, Abhishek Kumar wrote:
> When i further looked into it, it was always passing maxruntime as 1 in
> every case since the below sql query always returned null

> SELECT s.submitid, s.cid, s.teamid, s.probid, s.langid, s.rejudgingid,
> CEILING(time_factor*timelimit) AS maxruntime,
> p.memlimit, p.outputlimit,
> special_run AS run, special_compare AS compare,
> special_compare_args AS compare_args, compile_script
> FROM submission s
> LEFT JOIN problem p USING (probid)
> LEFT JOIN language l USING (langid)
> WHERE submitid = 5326

The value of maxruntime should never be NULL since both time_factor and
timelimit are not nullable fields so should always have a valid value.

Running that query on my database gives a correct result.

Perhaps you can inspect the individual values of language.time_factor and
probem.timelimit in your database to get to the bottom of the issue.

That all said, DOMjudge 5.1 is an old release, not supported anymore. The
code has changed in DOMjudge 5.2 and up. I've tested the language
time_factor in the lastest 6.0 RC 1 and that works fine for me. So it's
unlikely that we as the DOMjudge team would spend much time on debugging
it. It might be an idea to upgrade to 5.3 or 6.0 and verify that the
problem is indeed still there.

Cheers,
Thijs