Problem in judgedeamon script

Jaap Eldering jaap at jaapeldering.nl
Fri Aug 3 23:29:55 CEST 2018

On 03/08/18 15:54, Guillaume MILAN wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to run on a fresh installed domjudge (maintainer conf) server.
> After launching the ./bin/judgedeamon
> I got the following crash when the first submission is made for a contest.
>
> [Aug 03 15:25:02.335] judgedaemon[16141]: Running compile.sh caused a runguard error/crash: 'runguard error - 50029 - creating cgroup'
>
> And after the participants can't submit any more solutions.

It sounds like cgroups are not properly enabled. Did you follow the instructions to set up a judgehost: https://www.domjudge.org/docs/admin-manual-3.html#ss3.7 ?

In particular, check that "cat /proc/cmdline" shows "cgroup_enable=memory swapaccount=1" and run the misc-tools/create_cgroups script (this must be done after *each* reboot, so you might want to call it from /etc/rc.local for example).

Best,
Jaap