docker.io/domjudge/domserver disappeared on Dec 11th

Mathias Rav m at strova.dk
Tue Dec 19 00:29:18 CET 2017

Hi Jaap,

> On 18/12/17 14:09, Mathias Rav wrote:
> > Until December 11th, there was a "domjudge" user on Docker Hub
> > hosting two images:
> >
> > https://hub.docker.com/r/domjudge/domserver/
> > https://hub.docker.com/r/domjudge/judgehost/
> >
> > Since December 11th this user seems to have disappeared from the
> > site. Does anyone know who maintained the images and why they are
> > now gone? They have been working just fine for me.
>
> Up until recently these were indeed provided by Pooyah, but not
> directly related to the DOMjudge developers. Since we (Nicky
> Gerritsen in particular) are working on "official" docker images, we
> asked Pooyah if we could use that docker organization name.
>
> This has now been taken offline to be transferred to us, so in the
> near future we hope to offer docker images there. I do not know
> whether the original images are still available elsewhere.

I look forward to the upcoming official Docker images.

I deployed DOMjudge for a first-year algorithms course at Aarhus
University and blindly set the server to pull the image and restart the
container each night. Luckily the Docker hub images went offline just 3
days after the teaching period ended here in Aarhus, so the university
course was not affected by the downtime caused by my naive Docker
configuration. In case you're interested, my local server configuration
(now no longer working): https://github.com/Mortal/csaudk-domserver

Best,
Mathias Rav