Kernel Parameter on AWS EC2

Myungwoo Chun mc.tamaki at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 06:33:39 CEST 2016

Thank you for fast reply.

But I don't solve the problem with this.
I have several questions about the solution.
Please check parts below which I wrap with ** **.

My instance is Ubuntu 14.04.03 LTS (trusty).

sudo -s
apt-get update
apt-get purge linux-image-*
apt-get install linux-image-generic-lts-trusty
linux-headers-generic-lts-trusty
** In above step I choose replace menu.lst **

# setup kexec to actually run the kernel you chose w/ the GRUB_CMDLINE
options
vi /etc/default/grub
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="cgroup_enable=memory swapaccount=1"

vi /etc/init.d/rcS
*** Add
http://ubergarm.github.io/ (** I'm not sure I need to add this line **)
if grep -qv ' kexeced$' /proc/cmdline ;then
   kexec --load /vmlinuz --initrd=/initrd.img --append='root=LABEL=DOROOT
cgroup_enable=memory swapaccount=1 kexeced' &&
   mount -o ro,remount / &&
   kexec -e
fi

echo "net.ipv4.ip_forward=1" > /etc/sysctl.d/docker.conf
apt-get install kexec-tools
dpkg-reconfigure kexec-tools #yes/yes

# install docker (despite the old package name, lxc is optional as of 0.90)
apt-get install docker cgroup-lite lxc

# libcontainer is default, but im still running lxc for now
vi /etc/default/docker (** At this step, /etc/default/docker is not existed
**)
DOCKER_OPTS="-e lxc"

** And then I reboot the instance **

After the rebooting,
output of "cat /proc/cmdline" is
===
BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.13.0-91-generic
root=UUID=736fad7a-387f-4420-b934-4ccbafa26d16 ro console=tty1
console=ttyS0 crashkernel=384M-:128M
===

Thank you,
Myungwoo Chun