checktestdata regex problem

Jaap Eldering jaap at jaapeldering.nl
Thu Aug 25 14:01:51 CEST 2016

Hi David,

On 25-08-16 06:54, David Venhoek wrote:
> Dear checktestdata maintainer(s),
>
> I tried installing checktestdata today on ubuntu 14.04.5, and noticed
> that the REGEX command is not properly functioning. Running make check
> reveals a failure in testcase 14, and manually running said testcase
> results in the following unfortunately rather unhelpfull message;
>
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::regex_error'
>   what():  regex_error
> Aborted (core dumped)
>
> Is this a known issue, or are there any obvious causes I could check?

This is a known issue: you need at least GCC version 4.9 to have
complete C++11 regex support (see the README). Ubuntu 14.04 comes with
4.8.2.

You could see if there is a backport of GCC 4.9 available for 14.04
(doesn't look like it), upgrade to 16.04, or you could use an older
version of checktestdata which uses libboost regexes. Anything before my
commit of 3-6-2016 should work.